information icon

Registration for Fall 2024 classes is now open. You can register today!

Most out-of-state colleges accept the Liberal Arts degree. However, it is always up to the receiving institution or specific program whether or not they will accept the credits you have acquired. Below are some helpful hints of things to do before you get to the college or university of your choice. These steps will ensure that your transfer to that school will be much easier.

  1. Acquire general information from the college or university you are thinking about attending.
  2. Find out what admission requirements, application deadlines, or specific courses your chosen field or department may need for acceptance.
  3. If possible, make an appointment to speak to a program or admission advisor to discuss requirements.
  4. After you graduate from Northland Community and Technical College, request an official copy of your transcript be mailed to the college you plan to attend. You can start the transcript request process by completing the online Transcript Request form.
  5. A student may appeal decisions regarding the Transfer of Credit policy or procedure.

Transfer Course Equivalencies


Transferology is a nationwide network designed to help you answer the question, “Will my courses transfer?” You may enter coursework, exams, and/or military learning experiences, then discover in a single click how many schools in the Transferology network have matching courses that may be awarded when you transfer. Schools are ranked by the percentage of coursework they accept in transfer, though you may focus the results with a number of handy filters and sorts, including how your courses transfer into a specific program at another college or university. Details of how those courses will count are available with another click or two, and you can inform schools of your interest in transferring by asking about specific programs, campus visits, and/or coursework that has not yet been evaluated by the school.

Related Resource