Transfer Student Application

Completing an application to transfer to Northland Technical & Community College can be completed in just a few easy steps! To get started, follow the steps to apply below.

Before You Begin

  • Online Students: Once your eApplication is submitted, you will be contacted by a Distance Minnesota Advisor. For additional information on online learning, please visit Distance Minnesota.
  • International Students may use the online application or visit our international admissions page for more information on applying to Northland.
  • Post-Secondary Enrollment (PSEO) Students are required to submit additional information. Please see our PSEO requirements.

Steps to Apply

The following processes are required in order to enroll at Northland. In addition to submitting the required documents, applicants must either complete an assessment or be eligible for an assessment waiver. Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.

Step 1: Complete Your Application

You can complete your application in any order and save your work and come back to it later. Check your application over carefully before sending it.

Please note the following:

  • Upon submission of your application, you will be informed of additional requirements needed to complete your admission. Be sure to fulfill these requirements in addition to submitting your application by the posted deadlines.
  • You will receive an email notification with your Student ID number.

Have you already started the Online Application Process?

To view all of the applications you have started or submitted to any system school or if you want additional applications, sign in to your account now.

Step 2: Send Your High School Transcripts or GED

Request an official high school transcript or GED to be sent directly to Northland admissions. Some high schools require a consent of release form be signed before your transcript is released. Please check with your high school to find out what they require. For a GED transcript, please do an online search for a transcript request for (the state in which you received your GED). Follow the directions to have a copy sent to Northland admissions.

Steps to Enroll

Step 1: Send Northland Your College Transcripts

Have official transcripts sent from ALL colleges attended outside of the Minnesota State System. Many colleges require a fee prior to mailing out an official transcript. You may wish to contact the college(s) you have attended to inquire about a possible transcript fee.

Step 2: Take Required Assessments

Contact Northland admissions to inquire if an assessment is required.

Step 3: Complete Immunization Form

The Immunization Record for Students Attending Post-Secondary Schools in Minnesota form is designed to provide the school with information required by law and will be available for review by the Minnesota Department of Health and the local community health agency. Minnesota law (M.S. 135A.14) requires proof that all students born after 1956 are vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exemptions.

Step 4: Complete an Out of State Reciprocity Application Form*

*North Dakota & Wisconsin residents only.
The Online Reciprocity Application Form is designed for North Dakota and Wisconsin residents attending public colleges and universities in Minnesota. The online reciprocity application is the way to apply for reciprocity benefits.

Step 3: File for Financial Aid

You may also apply for financial aid online. The Federal Financial Aid school code number for both the East Grand Forks and Thief River Falls campuses for financial aid purposes is 002385.