Institutional Learner Outcomes (ILOs)
Northland has identified five Institutional Learner Outcomes (ILO) that all graduates should achieve. They are Communication Skills (ILO 1), Critical Thinking (ILO 2), Social Engagement (ILO 3), Application of Resources (ILO 4), and Personal Development (ILO 5).
- ILO #1: Communication Skills
- Students will demonstrate appropriate use of communication.
- ILO #2: Critical Thinking
- Students will gather information, develop solutions, and apply a viable plan of action.
- ILO #3: Social Engagement
- Students will be prepared to practice social engagement that addresses environmental responsibility, civic engagement, and global diversity.
- ILO #4: Application of Resources
- Students will utilize appropriate information or technical resources.
- ILO #5: Personal Development
- Students will demonstrate professional and personal growth behaviors.
Each ILO is assessed through a scoring rubric consisting of four scoring criteria that identifyspecific cognate outcomes that Northland graduates achieve.