Our application process is easy. You can complete it online, and there’s no fee to apply.
How to Apply to Northland
The following processes are required to enroll at Northland Community & Technical College. In addition to submitting the required documents, applicants must complete an assessment or be eligible for an assessment waiver. Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.
1. Complete and submit an online application
You can complete your application in any order, save your work, and come back to it later – even from a different computer! Check your application over carefully before sending it. Please note the following:
- Upon submission of your application, you will be informed of the additional requirements needed to complete your admission. Be sure to fulfill these requirements and submit your application by the deadline.
- You will receive an email notification with your Student ID number.
- If you are denied admission, please see the Admissions Procedure for appealing an admissions decision.
To view all the applications you have started or submitted to any system school, or if you want additional applications, sign in to your account.
2. Send Northland your high school transcript or GED
Request an official high school transcript or GED to be sent directly to Northland admissions. Some high schools require the consent of release form to be signed before your transcript is released. Please check with your high school to find out what they require. For a GED transcript, please do an online search for a transcript request (the state in which you received your GED). Follow the directions to have a copy sent to Northland admissions.
Steps to Enroll
1. Send Northland Your College Transcripts
If applicable, send us your official transcripts from ALL colleges you attended outside the Minnesota State System. Many colleges require a fee before mailing out an official transcript. You may contact the college(s) you have attended to inquire about a possible transcript fee.
3. Complete an Immunization Form (if applicable).
The Immunization Record for Students Attending Post-Secondary Schools in Minnesota form is designed to provide the school with information required by law and will be available for review by the Minnesota Department of Health and the local community health agency. Minnesota law (M.S. 135A.14) requires proof that all students born after 1956 are vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exemptions.
4. Complete an Out-of-State Reciprocity Application Form.
The Online Reciprocity Application Form is designed for North Dakota and Wisconsin residents attending public colleges and universities in Minnesota. The online reciprocity application is the way to apply for reciprocity benefits.
5. File for Financial Aid.
You may also apply for financial aid online. The Federal Financial Aid school code number for Northland is 002385.