Program specifics about earning an Architectural Technology and Design A.A.S. Degree at Northland.
This program is designed for students who would like enter the workforce or further their education in Architecture, Construction Management or Industrial Technology using transfer agreements with various universities. The customized curriculum allows for more liberal arts classes that are a part of the Minnesota Transfer curriculum.
Northland Community & Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
Program Learner Outcomes
- Student will read, review, and interpret construction documents.
- Student will complete a set of construction drawings using computer-aided drawing software.
- Student will use detailing and sketching techniques to solve a variety of architectural problems.
- Student will use appropriate reference material and code checklist to analyze applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, and accessibility requirements.
- Student will use a preliminary sheet index list to determine drawings necessary to complete a project in correct sequential order.
- Student will use various methods of documentation to determine team member effectiveness.
- Student will schedule appropriate use of time using drawing sheet index and preliminary deadline dates.
- Student will use timesheet to document professional use of work time.
Graduates of the degree program, have the same opportunities as the diploma graduates, with the added benefits of transfer courses. Those courses allow the student to further their education in Architecture or other related fields, with various universities. Graduates are finding positions as:
- CADD Technician
- Arch Support Technician
- Construction Manager
Articulation Agreements are formal agreements between two or more colleges and universities to accept credits in transfer toward a specific academic program. Northland has articulation agreements in place with the following schools:
Additional Program Resources
- 2014-23 Architectural Tech – AAS
- 2010-14 Architectural Tech – AAS