Program specifics about earning an Animal Science A.A.S. Degree at Northland.
Animal Science AAS degree allows students to explore the field of animal science with an emphasis on livestock animals. Technological advances in the animal sciences have contributed to a safe, healthy, abundant, & inexpensive food supply.
Northland Community & Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
1. Students will identify and implement sustainable livestock management practices that will improve livestock quality, provide management, and ensure economic viability of the livestock industry.
2. Students will demonstrate a working knowledge of animal production based management decisions and the latest technological advances in livestock husbandry.
3. Students will identify and evaluate livestock anatomy and physiology and relate form to function.
4. Students will demonstrate knowledge of practical reproductive management of livestock species.
5. Students will define livestock nutritional needs and demonstrate proper
feeding techniques related to growth, development and finishing of livestock.
6. Students will list common infectious diseases and parasites and explain the role of preventative health.
7. Students will explain marketing strategies and market classification of livestock and their products.
Additional Program Resources
- 2017-23 Animal Science – AAS