Workforce Development Scholarships from the State of Minnesota are also available to new students pursuing high-demand careers in advanced manufacturing, agriculture, health care services, information technology, early childhood education, and transportation.
- Students must be a resident of the state of Minnesota. (Must be a high school graduate of a Minnesota high school or, if older than average, must have established residency in Minnesota.)
- Students who were awarded a Workforce Development Scholarship last year are eligible to apply again if they have completed two academic terms with a minimum of nine credits each and have maintained a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Students must enroll in at least 9 credits in the fall semester and declare one of the high-demand Northland programs listed above.
Eligible Certificates, Diplomas, and Degrees
Made possible through Minnesota State legislation, a limited number of $2,500 scholarships are available to students seeking a certificate, diploma, or degree in:
- Electronics Technology Automated Systems
- Welding Process Technology
- Welding Technology
- Agriculture Education
- Animal Science
- Farm Operations Management
- General Agriculture
- Architectural Technology & Design
- Carpentry – Residential
- Construction Electricity
- Construction Plumbing
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning
- Early Childhood & Paraprofessional
- Health Sciences Broad Field
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Medical Coding Specialist
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Surgical Technology
- Computer & Network Technology
- IT Cybersecurity
- Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement
- Fire Technology
- Automotive Service Technology
- Auto Body Technology
- Aviation Maintenance Technology
NOTE: Eligible Certificates, Diplomas, and Degrees are subject to change at Northland Community & Technical College or by legislative priority.
Awards will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis to eligible students as funding allows.