Beat the deadline! Discussion topics, assignment folders, and quiz’s deadlines within Desire2Learn are strictly enforced.
Once the deadline has passed, student access is automatically blocked. Failure to complete by the posted deadline may result in no credit. Exceptions are at the discretion of the instructor.
Naming a file to be uploaded to an Assignment folder:
- The file name must contain the student’s name or initials.
- The file name should not contain any of the following characters : \ / * ? ” < > | # , % & .
Quiz taking best practices:
- Hard wired is best, wireless may lose connection.
- Students must click Submit Quiz button when finished.
- If student gets locked or logged out, log back in immediately to continue with quiz.
As a student in a Desire2Learn course, you are in a password-protected environment. Only students in the course and your instructor(s) have access to the course. Some courses are collaboratively developed so the other developers also have access to the course. Depending on your course, special guests may be joining for the course duration or for a portion of the course. If anyone other than those officially associated with the course have access to it, your instructor should notify you up front.
Many of your Desire2Learn activities can be tracked and accessed by your instructor. The following is a summary of your activities that your instructor has access to:
- All discussion postings — are automatically signed with your name and are for academic purposes only.
- All discussions postings, assignment folder submissions, and quizzes — are date and time stamped.
- Survey – anonymous results — instructors can not determine which students have completed the survey.
- Course content — The number of times a topic/item has been viewed is logged.
Your instructor does not have access to the Desire2Learn private mail messages that you send to your classmates. However, you should be aware that you cannot send an anonymous mail message within Desire2Learn. Email messages are not guaranteed to be private.
NOTE: Your instructor does not have access to your activities in other Desire2Learn courses unless they are teaching the course.