April 27, 2023
Minnesota State University, Mankato and Northland Community & Technical College announced today they have collaborated on a partnership known as the Maverick (Nursing) Advance (Transfer) Plan, or “MAP,” between the Associate of Science in Nursing degree from Northland and the 100 percent online Registered Nurse (RN) Baccalaureate Completion degree from Minnesota State Mankato.
Students in the Associate of Science in Nursing program at Northland who participate in the Maverick Advance Plan will be provided with guidance and support from both institutions to ensure a seamless transfer path directly after graduating with an Associate of Science in Nursing degree from Northland to the 100 percent online RN Baccalaureate Completion Program at Minnesota State Mankato.
“We are pleased to add Northland Community & Technical College as a partner in the Maverick Advance Plan nursing program,” said Edward Inch, president of Minnesota State Mankato. “This unique partnership program provides a flexible way for nursing students to continue their education while also meeting a critical need for baccalaureate degree-educated nurses throughout Minnesota.”
“Minnesota State Mankato is another prominent partner for Northland,” said Sandy Kiddoo, president of Northland Community & Technical College. “We are thrilled to create these opportunities for our students to continue their educational journey to open even more doors.”
As part of the plan, students will work directly with advising teams at both institutions to ensure that necessary prerequisite coursework is completed at Northland and that all admissions criteria for Minnesota State Mankato are met. Advisors at Minnesota State Mankato will also make information about the Northland Associate of Science in Nursing degree program available to Minnesota State Mankato pre-nursing students, when appropriate.
More information on enrolling in nursing and for the Maverick Advance Plan is available by contacting the Northland Advising Office by phone at 1-800-959-6282 or by email at email@example.com.
Northland Community & Technical College graduates who meet the following requirements will receive guaranteed admission into Minnesota State Mankato’s 100 percent online RN Baccalaureate Completion Program:
- Students must successfully complete the Associate of Science in Nursing degree from Northland prior to admission to the RN-Baccalaureate Completion Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato.
- Students must have an Unrestricted RN License by the start of the RN-Baccalaureate Completion Program at Minnesota State University, Mankato. Students may be in progress, or have plans to complete the NCLEX-RN examination when making application. Full admission requires RN Licensure.
- Students must earn a minimum of a C grade in all Northland nursing coursework.
- Students must have a total cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale. Considering the grading scale requirements for nursing at Northland, GPA waivers will be considered.
- Interested students will be strongly encouraged to apply to Minnesota State University, Mankato as early as possible to allow for a more comprehensive joint advising experience.
- Students accepted into the MAP program will be eligible for the transfer student scholarship from Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Northland Community & Technical College is a comprehensive two-year community and technical college with campuses in East Grand Forks and Thief River Falls, Minnesota. Northland also has an aerospace site in Thief River Falls and campus extension locations in Roseau and Warroad, Minnesota.
Minnesota State Mankato, a comprehensive university with 14,482 students, is part of the Minnesota State system, which includes 30 colleges and seven universities.