1. Student will practice safety and infection control at all times in the collection and processing of biological specimens for analysis.
2. Student will collect and process biological specimens properly for analysis using established procedures including patient identification.
3. Student will perform point of care testing appropriate to lab policies and procedures, including troubleshooting unexpected results and instrument malfunction.
4. Student will maintain proper records for quality assurance and quality control.
5. Student will communicate professionally and maintain ethical standards with all healthcare professionals, patients and the public with respect for diversity of culture, age and gender.
6. Student will use appropriate collection devices in a variety of phlebotomy situations.