1. Students will have a general understanding of the scientific basis of dietetics, exposure to research literature, and application to technical practice.
2. Students will access and evaluate patient education materials and consumer information for implementation to determine if it is consistent with accepted scientific evidence.
3. Students will develop effective oral, written, and non-verbal communication in a culturally competent manner that is consistent with the scope of Dietetics Practice and Code of Ethics for the profession of dietetics.
4. Students will establish collaborative relationships within team and professional settings, including other healthcare and support personnel.
5. Students will demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver information, products and services to individuals, groups, and populations at the dietetic technician level of practice.
6. Students will apply management, supervisory, and systems principles in the provision of services to individuals and organizations.
7. Students will demonstrate self-assessment and goal development as part of a professional development plan within the Dietetic Profession.