Northland's DT degree provides quality, evidence-based, and accessible nutrition and dietetics education. Graduates will develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and experience required to meet the needs of their community and employers by performing competently as entry level Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs) in a variety of settings.
Program Goals and Objectives that will be monitored for program effectiveness:
Goal #1 - The DTP will prepare dietetic technicians for a career in a variety of practice settings within dietetics throughout Minnesota and the nation.
- 80% of full time students will graduate within 3 years (150% of the specified program minimum requirement of 2 years)
- 80% of graduates who respond to the survey will rate this program as good to excellent on a four point Likert scale in overall preparation for entry level DTR employment
- Over a 5 year period, graduates first time pass rate for the CDR registration exam will meet or exceed ACEND requirements of 70%.
- A minimum of 5% of graduates resonding to the oneyear post graduation survey will be employed in the dietetics field in the state of Minnesota.
Goal #2 - The DTP will prepare graduates to recognize the importance of continuing professional development.
- At one year post-graduation, 75% of those responding to the graduation survey will indicate they are members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or other nutrition and dietetics related organization
- 90% of graduates actively seeking employment in the nutrition and dietetics field will find employment within 12 months of program completion.
Program outcomes data are available on request.
Northland's Dietetic Technician AAS Program is currently granted candidacy for accreditation by:
The Accreditation for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics