Complete these program requirements to earn an Associate of Applied Science Criminal Justice-Law Enforcement Degree.
Students achieving assessment scores below the established minimums must register and successfully complete (with a grade of C or better) the required developmental courses in order to meet graduation requirements.
The college minimum scores for the Next Generation Accuplacer Assessment test are as follows:
Note: Students completing the A.A.S. degree in Criminal Justice have an option to choose between a Natural Science (Minnesota Transfer Curriculum Goal Area III) or Math (Minnesota Transfer Curriculum Goal Area IV). Students who choose to take a Natural Science course instead of Math must either earn a score of 240 on their Next Generation Accuplacer Arithmetic test or complete MATH 0080, Math Foundations with a grade of C or better to satisfy their college minimum requirement.
All required CRJU courses and SOCI 1107 must be completed with a grade of C or better.
Requirements for CRJU 2209 Skills I (fall semester) and CRJU 2219 Skills II (spring semester)
- 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Students who are on warning or probation status must have permission of the Criminal Justice Program Director to register for CRJU 2209 and CRJU 2219.
- Completion and approval for clinical participation of a National Background Study through Castle Branch. Cost $45.75 first year, $26 second year (if needed). Please see the Minnesota Peace Officer Licensing link that addresses the Minnesota Minimum Selection Standards to be licensed as a Peace Officer.
- Completion and approval of the Minnesota Multi-Phasic Personality Inventory-2 Restructured Form ( MMPI 2 RF)
- Medical clearance from a healthcare provider stating student is physically eligible to participate in skills (see attached PHYSICIANS APPROVAL FORM)
- CRJU 2209 and CRJU 2219 are physically challenging courses.