1. Student will communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and colleagues based upon respect for the dignity and work of each person.
2. Student will apply principles of basic sciences to the required duties and skills in the practice of respiratory care.
3. Student will perform safely and accurately, advanced-level clinical tasks in a structured health care setting.
4. Student will perform job duties within existing ethical and legal parameter for healthcare professionals.
5. Student will exhibit professional characteristics, behaviors, and attitudes appropriate to scope of practice for respiratory care practitioners.
6. Student will perform accurate and efficient patient assessments according to policies and procedures required of respiratory therapists.
7. Student will apply safety and infection control measures to patient care at all times in the classroom, lab, and clinic or hospital setting.