Consistent with the mission of Northland Community and Technical College, the Radiologic Technology Program is dedicated to providing a quality educational experience that prepares graduates with the necessary skills and professional attributes required of a competent entry-level Radiologic Technologist. A variety of partnerships with leaders in the healthcare industry will prepare program participants to successfully provide quality radiographic services and care to patients, in support of the regional health care community and beyond.
1. Graduate students that will be clinically competent to fulfill the needs of the healthcare community.
2. Graduate students with a foundation for problem-solving and critical thinking in the healthcare setting.
3. Graduate students with effective communication skills in the healthcare setting.
4. Graduate students that demonstrate professionalism.
5. Conduct annual assessment to assure program effectiveness.
1. Students will demonstrate proficiency in positioning skills.
2. Students will demonstrate radiation safety practices by following the principles of ALARA.
3. Students will identify required criteria for routine radiographic images.
4. Students will apply basic patient care skills.
5. Students will apply critical thinking and utilize independent judgment in respect to positioning when exams deviate from the routine.
6. Students will analyze radiographic images to determine corrective action needed.
7. Students will demonstrate effective communication with patients with respect to diversity.
8. Students will demonstrate effective communication with the healthcare team.
9. Students will exhibit professional behaviors in the healthcare setting.
10. Students will demonstrate a desire to grow professionally through active participation in educational opportunities and continuing education.