Smooth Transition Toward Your Bachelor’s Degree
Bemidji State University (BSU) and Northland Community & Technical College have created NorthernConnect to benefit you and your education exclusively. BSU and Northland want you to have a well-defined, smooth, and stress-free transition to BSU from Northland when you are ready to earn your bachelor’s degree after completing your AA, AS, or AAS degree.
NorthernConnect offers you several strategic benefits while you make your education happen. You will have access to many BSU student life activities and to BSU advisors that will help guide you to ensure you are taking the classes you need. Once you have signed your intent to participate in NorthernConnect and provided you meet the qualifications, you will see guaranteed and accelerated admission to BSU when you are ready to start your bachelor’s degree.
NorthernConnect is designed to ensure BSU and Northland are working collaboratively to help you make your education happen.
Benefits of NorthernConnect – Bemidji State University
- Receive BSU ID card – You will be issued a BSU ID card and allowed to participate in many student life activities at BSU while a Northland student.
- Dual advising – You can participate in dual advising with BSU once per semester while in your sophomore year at Northland.
- Guaranteed entrance to BSU – When you graduate with your AA, AS, or select AAS degree from Northland, you are guaranteed admission to NorthernConnect.
- Accelerated admissions to BSU – The program provides a smooth transition through the NorthernConnect admissions process.
- Admission at BSU after 24 credits – NorthernConnect allows you to be admitted to BSU after completing 24 or more transferable credits with a 2.5 GPA at Northland. After completing your AA, AS, or AAS degree, you will transfer to BSU as a junior.
- Waived BSU application fee – Your application fee to BSU will be waived upon your acceptance into this program.
Qualifying for NorthernConnect – Bemidji State University
Student eligibility requirements:
- You have completed 24 transferable credits. Students may apply during the semester they will complete the required credits.
- You have a GPA of 2.5 or higher when applying to this program and maintain that GPA through transfer to BSU.
- You have all Minnesota Transfer Curriculum (MNTC) completed appropriately for your two-year program of study when transferring to BSU. Must have completed advising sessions with Northland and BSU while enrolled in this program and attending Northland classes.
How Do I Get Started?
- If you are a high school student or new to Northland, submit an online application to Northland.
- If you are already a student at Northland, you can indicate your desire to join NorthernConnect at any time.
- Meet with an advisor before initial registration and at regular intervals to maintain an appropriate academic plan. When you have completed 24 transferable credits with a 2.5 GPA, meet with your Northland advisor to confirm NorthernConnect status.
- In sophomore year, meet with your Northland and BSU advisors once per semester.
- Attend a NorthernConnect information session for specific instructions hosted by a BSU advisor.
Note: There are no additional fees to join NorthernConnect.