Northland's DT degree provides quality, evidence-based, and accessible nutrition and dietetics education. Graduates will develop the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and experience required to meet the needs of their community and employers by performing competently as entry level Dietetic Technicians, Registered (DTRs) in a variety of settings.
Program Goals and Objectives that will be monitored for program effectiveness:
Goal #1 - The DTP will prepare dietetic technicians for a career in a variety of practice settings within dietetics throughout Minnesota and the nation.
- At least 80% of program students complete program/degree requirements within 3 years (150% of the specified program length).
- At least 80% of graduates who respond to the survey will rate this program as good to excellent on a four point Likert scale in overall preparation for entry level DTR employment.
- 70% of program graduates take the CDR credentialing exam for nurition and dietetic technicians withing 12 months of program completion.
- The program's one year pass rate (graduates who pass the registration examin within one year of the first attempt) on the CDR credentialin exam for nutrition and dietetic technicians is at least 70%.
- A minimum of 5% of graduates resonding to the one year post graduation survey will be employed in the dietetics field in the state of Minnesota.
Goal #2 - The DTP will prepare graduates to recognize the importance of continuing professional development.
- At one year post-graduation, 75% of those responding to the graduation survey will indicate they are members of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or other nutrition and dietetics related organization.
- Of graduates who seek employment, 90% are employed in the nutrition and dietetics related fields within 12 months of graduation.
Program outcomes data are available on request.
Northland's Dietetic Technician AAS Program is currently granted candidacy for accreditation by:
The Accreditation for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2190
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics