1. Student will describe the various municipal, county, state and federal law enforcement agencies, and the modern principles of police organization and administration that govern them.
2. Student will demonstrate an understanding of theory, law, policy, and practice as it relates to juvenile delinquency and deviant behavior.
3. Student will conduct criminal investigations from the preliminary stage through disposition utilizing proper interview and interrogation techniques according to industry standards.
4. Student will demonstrate technical skills in communication, observation, investigation, evaluation, and basic safety assistance in various law enforcement situations.
5. Student will demonstrate tactical skills, weapon safety, defensive and arrest tactics, vehicle operation, crisis management and force options in various law enforcement scenarios.
6. Student will write accurate and complete police reports using appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling according to industry standards.
7. Student will demonstrate an understanding of the principles, authority and Constitutional limitations and laws of the federal and state governments which apply to arrest, search and seizure.