Military Veteran Application

Here are the steps a Veteran needs to accomplish to enroll at Northland. Schedule an appointment to meet with the Higher Education Veterans Programs Regional Coordinator, or staff at the on campus veteran's center to discuss specific veterans/higher education questions.

Steps to Apply

The following processes are required in order to enroll at Northland. In addition to submitting the required documents, applicants must either complete an assessment or be eligible for an assessment waiver. Some programs may have additional requirements for admission.

  • 1Complete & Submit an Online Application

    You can now complete your application in any order and save your work and come back to it later - even from a different computer! Check your application over carefully before sending it.

    Please note the following:

    • Upon submission of your application, you will be informed of additional requirements needed to complete your admission. Be sure to fulfill these requirements in addition to submitting your application by the posted deadlines.
    • You will receive an email notification with your Student ID number.
    • Click the "Start Online Application for Admission" button below to begin.

Start Online Application for Admission »

  • Have you already started the Online Application Process?

    To view all of the applications you have started or submitted to any system school or if you want additional applications, sign-in to your account now ».

  • 2Send Northland Your High School Transcript or GED
    • Request an official high school transcript or GED to be sent directly to Northland admissions. Some high schools require a consent of release form be signed before your transcript is released. Please check with your high school to find out what they require. For a GED transcript, please do an online search for a transcript request for (the state in which you received your GED). Follow the directions to have a copy sent to Northland admissions.

Steps to Enroll

  • 1Send Northland Your College Transcripts (including military courses)
    • Send a college transcript release form to ALL prior colleges you have attended including military courses. Many colleges require a fee prior to mailing out an official transcript. You may wish to contact the college(s) you have attended to inquire about a possible transcript fee.
  • 2Contact Northland admissions to inquire if an assessment is required.
  • 3Complete Immunization Form
    • The Immunization Record for Students Attending Post-Secondary Schools in Minnesota form is designed to provide the school with information required by law and will be available for review by the Minnesota Department of Health and the local community health agency. Minnesota law (M.S. 135A.14) requires proof that all students born after 1956 are vaccinated against diphtheria, tetanus, measles, mumps, and rubella, allowing for certain specified exemptions.
  • 4Complete an Out of State Reciprocity Application Form
  • 5File for Financial Aid
    • You may also Apply for Financial Aid Online. The Federal Financial Aid school code number for both the East Grand Forks and Thief River Falls campuses for financial aid purposes is 002385.
  • 6Apply for Eligible Benefit Programs
    • Visit the Certifying Official at Northland to apply for eligible programs. Bring copies of your DD-214 and VONAPP applications if you applied for benefits online.
  • 7Apply for Montgomery GI Bill
  • 8Apply for Federal & State Tuition Reimbursement
    • Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance and State Tuition Reimbursement (if applicable).