Northland Community and Technical College is seeking a full-time permanent Grants and Special Projects Coordinator. This position performs professional accounting work in the business office of Northland Community and Technical College which is comprised of two campuses. The work involves budget management, setting up and maintaining chart of accounts, grants management, reconciliation of local bank accounts and grants, and financial reporting. The work also involves gathering financial data for reports or inquiries, analyzing and interpreting financial data, and recommending solutions under limited supervision.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND RESULTS
1. Financial management of grants (federal, state, private), projects and agreements.
2. Perform monthly reconciliation of local bank accounts for the college.
3. Special project coordination.
4. Monitor fiscal processes and accounting services to insure compliance with MnSCU, state and federal policies, laws and generally accepted accounting principles; collect and utilize fiscal data from a statewide accounting system.
5. Perform other duties as assigned to ensure the smooth functioning of business services and maintain the reputation of the organization as a viable business partner while providing exceptional customer service to students.
· Four-year Bachelor degree in accounting, business, or related field.
· Professional knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) sufficient to analyze, interpret, and prepare financial information, records and reports.
· Working knowledge of operating budgets principles sufficient to prepare, analyze, monitor and review activity.
· Working knowledge of federal, state and private grant policies and procedures and the ability to interpret those policies and procedures.
· Analytical and organizational skills.
· Ability to create queries, analyze results, and generate accurate reports.
· Ability to reconcile data and balance accounts.
· Effective planning, time management and prioritization skills.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent human relations skills in order to maintain effective working relationships with management, faculty and staff.
· Knowledge of audit procedures and internal controls.
· Strong computer skills including spreadsheets, database, and word processing.
· Three (3) or more years’ professional, supervisory, or lead-worker experience in accounting or finance.
· Experience in higher education financial management.
· Working knowledge of Minnesota State information systems, including student and financial aid systems, and state of Minnesota information system (SWIFT).
· Minnesota State policies and procedures
· Ability to formulate and initiate plans and procedures and to direct their application.
· Thorough knowledge of State regulation policies and procedures.
$19.97 - $29.00/hourly; $41,697 - $60,552/annually
Thief River Falls
You are strongly encouraged to submit your resume online at https://mn.gov/mmb/careers/, as paper applications will not be accepted. To aid in the application review process, the College requests that applicants also copy and paste or type up a cover letter in the open ended question. Then upload your resume as a Word document saved as a pdf file when completing the application process. The Recruiting Solutions also collects your work preference information so we can match you with future openings that meet your interest. Once your resume is submitted to the database, you can apply for this position online using the following the Job ID 18173.
Online applications must include:
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
If you have questions about the position, contact Colleen at email@example.com or 218.793.2407.
January 3, 2018
Northland Community & Technical College is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status. Northland College is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities.