Sexual Violence Training
Sexual Violence Statistics
- 1 in 5 college women will become victims of completed or attempted rape. (Fisher, Cullen, & Turner, 2000)
- One-half of all sexual violence crimes involve alcohol consumption by the perpetrator, the victim, or both.
- Males can also be victims of sexual violence and may be even less likely to report. (Hart & Rennison, 2003)
- Among college women, 9 of 10 victims of rape and sexual assault knew their offenders. (Fisher, Cullen, & Turner, 2000)
- The majority of sexual assaults, an estimated 63%, are never reported to the police (Rennison, 2002).
1 is 2 Many PSA (30 Second)
Minnesota Personal Empowerment through Self-Awareness
We would like to acknowledge and thank the University of Montana for allowing us to use some of the materials they had created for PETSA, their Sexual Violence Training Program.