TRF Career & Technical Graduates
Graduation information for career & technical program graduates of the TRF campus.
Thursday, May 14, 2015 at 7:00 P.M.
TRF Northland Campus Gymnasium
Thief River Falls, MN
- If you plan to participate in the ceremony, please stop in at the NCTC bookstore to purchase a gown. Starting April 1st, the bookstore will have a selection of sizes of gowns available. (If you do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, nothing else needs to be done.)
- Each student who purchases a gown will be given five free graduation announcements compliments of the NCTC Graduation Committee. These may be picked up in the bookstore beginning on April 1st.
- If you live in the Thief River Falls area or are on campus, you may want to attend graduation rehearsal on Thursday, May 14th at 12:00 pm (noon) in the NCTC gymnasium. This will be a brief 20 to 30 minute rehearsal to go over the graduation procedure and seating arrangements.
- All graduates participating in the ceremony need to report to the Student Commons Area no later than 6:00 pm on Thursday, May 14th to begin lining up for graduation. Name cards will need to be picked up before students are lined up. You will hand the name card to the announcer as you approach the stage.
- Ushers will lead you from the assembly area to the gymnasium.
- Honor Students: Honor Medallions and Stoles will be distributed to students who are graduating with Academic Excellence or Highest Honors. Review your academic transcript to determine honor eligibility. Honor calculations are based on the cumulative GPA of the student academic transcript following fall semester 2014. Spring semester grades are not available prior to commencement. Final academic honors will be posted to final transcripts. The DARS report is not an academic transcript and will not be used to calculate honors. Highest Honors - Cumulative GPA 3.75-4.0 (Medallion & Stole). Academic Excellence - Cumulative GPA 3.50-3.74 (Medallion). Medallions and stoles will be available the evening of graduation or anytime between April 15 and May 14 from Lisa Bottem in the Student Services Area (Office 525B).
- The Graduation Committee does not distribute Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Stoles. If you are a PTK member and would like a stole for graduation, please make sure to contact your PTK Advisor prior to graduation.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Lisa Bottem at (218)683-8544 or 1-800-959-6282 Ext. 8544, e-mail: email@example.com, or stop into Office 525B.
- Degrees, diplomas and certificates will be mailed approximately 3-6 weeks following posting of your final grades (pending successful completion of your program requirements).
Congratulations Graduate and Best of Luck in the Future! We look forward to having you participate in the commencement ceremony.
- NCTC Graduation Committee
Application for Graduation
Any student planning to graduate from their program must have an Application to Graduate on file. Applications can be obtained from the Student Services area of either campus or can be downloaded below. All students must apply to graduate even if they do not intend to participate in the commencement ceremony.
October 15, 2014, for students completing their program fall semester 2014. Students graduating fall semester are invited to participate in spring commencement.
March 2, 2015, for students completing their program spring semester 2015 or summer 2015.
Submit Your Graduation Application
Please submit your completed Application for Graduation to: