TRF Career & Technical Graduates
Graduation information for career & technical program graduates of the TRF campus.
Application for Graduation
Graduation is not automatic; all students must apply to graduate even if they do not intend to participate in the commencement ceremony.
||Deadline to Apply
|Fall Graduation (December)
|Spring or Summer Graduation (May)
*If a graduation deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, applications will be through the next business day. Failure to apply on time may delay your graduation.
Apply for Graduation
Any student planning to graduate from their program must have an Application to Graduate on file. Meeting graduation application deadlines will ensure that your name is listed on the commencement program. However, graduation applications are accepted year round. Apply online or submit a paper application below:
Online Application for Graduation »
Submit Your Paper Graduation Application
Please submit your completed paper Application for Graduation to either:
TRF Commencement Ceremony
2016 TRF Commencement Ceremony
Thursday, May 12, 2016 at 7:00 P.M.
TRF Northland Campus Gymnasium
Thief River Falls, MN
2015 Commencement Recap
Relive your memories of Northland's 2015 Thief River Falls campus commencement ceremony.
View Photo Gallery »
Invite Your Family & Friends
Download and share this commencement invitation with your family and friends.
- If you plan to participate in the ceremony, please stop in at the NCTC bookstore to purchase a gown. Starting April 1st, the bookstore will have a selection of sizes of gowns available. (If you do not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony, nothing else needs to be done.)
- Each student who purchases a gown will be given five free graduation announcements compliments of the NCTC Graduation Committee. These may be picked up in the bookstore beginning on April 1st.
- If you live in the Thief River Falls area or are on campus, you may want to attend graduation rehearsal on Thursday, May 12th at 12:00 pm (noon) in the NCTC gymnasium. This will be a brief 20 to 30 minute rehearsal to go over the graduation procedure and seating arrangements.
- All graduates participating in the ceremony need to report to the Student Commons Area no later than 6:00 pm on Thursday, May 12th to begin lining up for graduation. Name cards will need to be picked up before students are lined up. You will hand the name card to the announcer as you approach the stage.
- Ushers will lead you from the assembly area to the gymnasium.
- Honor Students: Honor Medallions and Stoles will be distributed to students who are graduating with Academic Excellence or Highest Honors. Review your academic transcript to determine honor eligibility. Honor calculations are based on the cumulative GPA of the student academic transcript following fall semester 2014. Spring semester grades are not available prior to commencement. Final academic honors will be posted to final transcripts. The DARS report is not an academic transcript and will not be used to calculate honors. Highest Honors - Cumulative GPA 3.75-4.0 (Medallion & Stole). Academic Excellence - Cumulative GPA 3.50-3.74 (Medallion). Medallions and stoles will be available the evening of graduation or anytime between April 1 and May 12 from Lynell Wayne in the Student Services Area (Office 525B).
- The Graduation Committee does not distribute Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Stoles. If you are a PTK member and would like a stole for graduation, please make sure to contact your PTK Advisor prior to graduation.
- If you have any questions, feel free to contact Lynell Wayne at (218)683-8562 or 1-800-959-6282 Ext. 8562, e-mail: email@example.com, or stop into Office 525B.
- Degrees, diplomas and certificates will be mailed approximately 3-6 weeks following posting of your final grades (pending successful completion of your program requirements).
Welcome New Alumni!
Congratulations on becoming a Northland college graduate! Now that you've graduated, you're ready to join the NCTC Alumni Association. Start staying in touch today.