All campus offices will be closed on Wednesday, August 22 from 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. for employee in-service meetings.
1. Follow safe work practices in the performance of daily duties.
2. Follow detailed verbal or written instructions given by an immediate supervisor to set up and carry out specific job assignments.
3. Perform general housekeeping duties to maintain workspace, equipment, and tool cleanliness.
4. Fill out, maintain, and submit a time card, work assignment card, lab report, or other records as required by the employer or institution.
5. Interpret symbols and blueprints accurately for a variety of welding
6. Prepare an applicable bill of materials and cost estimate.
7. Prepare and lay-out parts from weld drawings.
8. Determine parts fabricated are within given tolerance.
9. Performs minor external repairs to welding equipment and accessories.
10. Set up and perform welding operations as necessary in multiple positions on
11. Visually examine all work for discontinuities.
12. Demonstrate professional workplace habits including punctuality, attitudes, behaviors, and craftsmanship expected of the welding industry.
13. Demonstrate effective oral and written communications with coworkers with respect for diversity of culture, age, and gender.