1. Student will demonstrate professional business communication in writing and speaking.
2. Student will use correct medical terminology in all healthcare applications.
3. Student will utilize appropriate technologies for health care applications.
4. Student will interpret health care records accurately.
5. Student will prepare and manage records according to healthcare standards.
6. Student will demonstrate professional workplace habits including punctuality, attitudes, and behaviors expected of the medical coding specialist profession.
7. Student will perform diagnosis and procedure coding accurately and properly.
8. Student will apply correct principles of bookkeeping and insurance procedures to medical coding specialist tasks.
9. Student will provide optimal, professional services expected by patients and employers while performing required medical coding specialist duties.
10. Student will demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills in a variety of medical coding specialist situations.
11. Student will demonstrate interpersonal skills through effective listening, written, and oral communication in diverse situations.