1. Student will complete all assigned tasks and duties in a manner consistent with the roles and responsibilities of a Firefighter/Paramedic within a Fire/EMS system.
2. Student will demonstrate professional behaviors and attitudes expected by employers and the a firefighter/paramedic profession.
3. Student will complete all assigned tasks and duties within the expected legal and ethical parameters of a professional firefighter/paramedic.
4. Student will demonstrate entry-level competencies of assessment and management of diverse patients.
5. Student will apply the basic concepts of development, pathophysiology, and pharmacology to assess and manage diverse patients.
6. Student will safely manage the scene of an emergency, demonstrating behaviors conducive to effective teamwork.
7. Student will communicate effectively with all fire personnel, healthcare providers, and patients with respect for diversity of culture, age and gender.
8. Student will be a competent entry-level Paramedic in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains, with or without exit points as the Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT) and/or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), and/or Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) levels.
9. Student will perform professional firefighting skills as outlined in the National Fire Protection Association standards.
10. Student will operate and maintain fire equipment properly as outlined in the National Fire Protection Association standards.