1. Student will demonstrate an accurate understanding of child development from a multi-cultural perspective from birth to age eight.
2. Student will demonstrate appropriate professionalism in the early childhood field through implementation of professional behaviors in daily work with families, children, co-workers, and community.
3. Student will identify ways to meet each child's individual needs and ways to plan culturally relevant activities to nurture cognitive, physical, social, and emotional development.
4. Student will create and consistently maintain an appropriate, safe, healthy learning environment for children.
5. Student will create and implement diverse activities including creative, open-ended art, music and movement, science, math, stories, and literature.
6. Student will incorporate developmentally appropriate guidance strategies.
7. Student will demonstrate effective oral and written communications with all clients, agencies, and early childhood partners with respect for diversity of culture, age and gender.