The Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Program prepares individuals through the use of specific high-technology equipment at the direction of qualified physicians, to assist in the performance of procedures on patients leading to the diagnosis and treatment of congenital and acquired heart disease. The entry level practitioner will use physiologic analytical equipment for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, perform advanced cardiac life support techniques, make anatomic and physiologic diagnosis, and demonstrate values and attitudes congruent with professional standards and ethics. Currently enrolled students or program graduates are eligible to sit for the Invasive Cardiovascular Registry Exam, which is administered by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) .
Technical career opportunities for qualified individuals who wish to pursue a career in the field of cardiovascular diagnosis and treatment are exceptional. Opportunities for Invasive Cardiovascular Technologists exist for acute care facilities. Further, graduates of this major are educated to promote paraprofessional career opportunities to meet the objectives of a demanding and growing cardiovascular profession.
The employment outlook for cardiovascular technologists and technicians in the state of Minnesota from 2010 to 2020 is 29%, a high growth career.
Get started today by talking to a Northland Admissions Representative about connecting your educational goals to a Cardiovascular Technology - Invasive career path.
Call Admissions at 1.800.959.6282 or Email Us.
View semester schedule by campus: East Grand Forks
|Course #||Course Name||Credit(s)|
|HLTH 1105||Intro Cardiovascular Tech||3|
|HLTH 1106||Medical Terminology||2|
|HLTH 1114||Intro Electrocardiography||2|
|HLTH 1120||Office Radiography||2|
|BIOL 2252||Anatomy & Phys I||3|
|BIOL 2254||Anatomy & Phys II||3|
|CHEM 1020||Intro to Chemistry||4|
|ENGL 1111||Composition I||3|
|PHIL 2210||Morals and Medicine||3|
|PSYC 1105||Intro to Psychology||3|
1. Completion of the admissions application to NCTC.
2. Completion of the CVT Program Application.
3. Students achieving assessment scores below the established minimums must register and successfully complete (with a grade of C or better) the required developmental courses. Reading assessment score greater than or equal to 78 or completing ENGL0095 prior to the first fall term. Elementary Algebra assessment score greater than or equal to 60 or completing MATH0094 or MATH0098 prior to the first spring semester.
4. Completion and approval for clinical participation of the Minnesota Department of Humans Services Licensing Division Background Study prior to entering CVST 1104. Completion and approval for clinical participation of a National Background Study through Verified Credentials cost $50.
5. Current CPR certification. CPR for Health Care Providers (American Heart Association) or CPR for the Professional Rescuer (Red Cross) prior to entering CVST 2210.
6. All required courses for the program must be completed with a grade of C or better.
7. Completion of the College Health Screening & Immunization form prior to CVST 2210.
8. Refer to the Cardiovascular Technology Program Handbook for time limits on transfer of technical and general education credits and for specific program progression policies.
Northland Community & Technical College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Cardiovascular Technology - Invasive program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) in cooperation with the Joint Review Committee on Education in Cardiovascular Technology (JRC-CVT), 6 Pine Knoll Dr, Bevery, MA 01915, 978-456-5594.
Northland offers a multitude of opportunities, whether you're beginning your degree or returning to college. We're affordable, convenient, and flexible. Northland Community & Technical College – it’s more than just a great education. It’s about making a career out of what you love to do. Thinking about a new career? Think Northland!