Automotive Service Technology
- Credits: 64
- Degree Type: Diploma
- Campus: Thief River Falls
Program Learner Outcomes
- Student will demonstrate professional workplace habits including punctuality, attitudes, behaviors, and craftsmanship expected of the automotive industry.
- Student will perform repairs and maintenance proficiently and efficiently to a variety of vehicle operating systems.
- Student will diagnose vehicle operating systems for automotive repair and maintenance.
- Student will repair vehicle operating systems within the standard practice of the automotive industry.
- Student will interpret service information.
- Student will demonstrate standard safety practices and procedures in the classroom and lab as required by the automotive industry.
- Student will demonstrate the ability to use critical thinking to solve problems.
- Student will perform basic computer functions and operate basic computer software programs currently being used by the automotive industry.