Pictured from left to right are Kelsey Kainz, Adrianna Vasek, Madison Stenzel, Emily Anderson, and Megan Swedberg. (Not pictured: Madison Magner and Jessica Vedbraaten)
The Northland Pioneers women's basketball team is continuing to build upon their success from the 2015-2016 season as they bring in a new class of athletes. The Pioneers women’s basketball program announced seven players who have signed a National Letter of Intent to join the 2016 National Runner-Up Northland Pioneers for the 2016-2017 season. The following athletes signed Letters of Intent with NCTC:
• Emily Anderson – 5’5” guard from Greenbush-Middle River
• Kelsey Kainz – 5’8” guard from Thief River Falls
• Madison Magner – 5’6” guard from Marshall County Central
• Madison Stenzel – 5’11” forward from Clearbrook-Gonvick
• Megan Swedberg – 6’1” center from Waubun
• Adrianna Vasek – 5’5” guard from Fisher-Climax
• Jessica Vedbraaten – 5’9” forward from Marshall County Central
"I am very excited about this group and the depth and talent that they will add to our roster," head coach Shannon Nelson said. "They are ready to help us continue the tradition of success that Northland women’s basketball has established and will contribute immediately."
All of the 2016 signees will come to Northland from within a 75-mile radius. Northland returns three players from the 2016 National Runner-Up team. The Pioneers' home opener of the 2016-2017 season will be on Friday, November 18th at 5:45pm vs. Minnesota State Fergus Falls.