Certified Nurses Assistant
This 78-hour Certified Nursing Assistant course is recommended if you are interested in a nursing career or if you are seeking employment as a Certified Nursing Assistant. The course introduces concepts of basic human needs in simple terms. You will learn to assist residents in activities of daily living.
This course will focus on basic nursing skills and will be presented through the use of lecture, textbook, handout materials and demonstrations. Skills are demonstrated and practiced in a supervised laboratory setting and clinical environment.
Completion of this course enables you to take the Nurse Aide Competency Evaluation. The competency evaluation has a separate application and fee of $160.
After successfully completing the competency evaluation, you will be placed on the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry. This registration can be easily transferred to North Dakota and most other states.
- Attendance is mandatory to successfully complete this course.
- All students must have a background study done at the beginning of the course as a state requirement for clinical placement in Minnesota. The cost of this study is included in the course fee.
- All students will be required to provide immunization records, including proof of a Mantoux TB test in the last six months.
- All students will be responsible for arranging transportation to and from class, including clinical experiences held at the Villa St. Vincent in Crookston, MN.
- It is strongly recommended that the student be able to read at the 6th grade level or higher.
- Pre-registration with payment is required. Students are accepted into the class on a first come first serve basis, until the class is full.
- Courses are scheduled as often as possible and are based on student demand. Students should plan to spend additional time aside from class, to review and study course material.
- $515 – which includes cost of course, class materials, and background study
- $160 – Competency Exam (*Optional- Students must apply separately)
What to Bring/Wear
- No. 2 pencils
- Scrubs are not required. Students are asked to wear loose fitting clothing with no dangling items.
- Name tags will be provided for your clinical experience.
- Susan Snedker
- Training Services Specialist/CTR
- East Grand Forks
- (218) 793-2487
- Email Susan