Criteria for Hall of Fame Induction
Criteria for induction to the Northland Athletic Hall of Fame shall be based upon a candidate's athletic and/or academic excellence or honorable and distinctive contributions to Northland Community & Technical College.
A student-athlete is eligible for nomination after fulfilling the following requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years following the two year college athletic participation
- A student-athlete must have achieved at least first team all-conference status for one season and completed their degree requirements.
- Special consideration may be given by the committee in instances of a degree obtained at another institution.
- A waiver may be given to those individuals who do not meet the above criteria. Two thirds of the vote by the committee will be needed to obtain said waiver.
A team may be nominated for induction based on extraordinary accomplishments such as:
- NJCAA Championship
- NJCAA Region XIII Championship
- MCCC State Championship
- MCCC Division Championship
C. Coach or Administrator
A coach or administrator is eligible based on:
- Serving a minimum of five years and is no longer employed at Northland College.
D. Special Admittance
- Special admittance will be made only in recognition of truly exceptional contributions and service to the athletic program at Northland College.
- Yearly nominations for Hall of Fame membership will be accepted and a maximum of three nominees per group will be considered for induction at yearly awards ceremony.
- In any year when nominations exceed the allowable inductees, nominees with the earliest dates of participation or service shall be given first preference.
- Any nominees that are not selected will automatically be considered for three years, after which they must be re-nominated if not selected.
- Nominations received after April 15th will be considered for the following year.
- There are no restrictions on who may submit a nomination, but an individual must be nominated by someone other than himself or herself, and all nominations must be signed.
- Nominations must contain a rationale for consideration.
- The Northland College Athletic staff will gather and verify information on each qualified nominee and present it to the committee for review.